As you might have noticed, I just released quite a large update to the website.
This update brings a huge backend rewrite and cleanup, in addition to:
- An updated, maintainable, documented HTTP API
- A new, smarter and customizable MAL synchronization algorithm
- This will hopefully reduce "fighting" with the MAL synchronization, where a user would unselect/unwatch an anime but have it be re-selected on the next synchronization attempt.
- Now you can customize what the algorithm does for each of the MAL states (e.g., you could set it to ignore any anime you have set as "On Hold")
- You can also disallow a specific anime from being synchronized by ticking "Disallow synchronization" in the anime's page
- Per-anime filtering
- You can choose to hide from the calendar specials (or main episodes) of specific anime
- (Optional) Alphabetical calendar sorting
I have a lot more planned, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. There's one large feature in particular I'm working on which I hope to release in the first weeks of January, but no promises.
As always, if you find bugs, or have any suggestions, send me an e-mail at .
Please note: The old API has been fully deprecated, and no longer works. Anyone who had Taiga setup to use the API will need to update their configuration.
Thanks, and have a happy 2017!